Monday, December 15, 2008

Oh Boy....

It's  a Girl! 

Hahaha, yes, I'm a little shocked. I was convinced this baby was a boy, but she is very active and healthy little girl! Everything appears to be fine and normal. She's a little bigger than the average, weighing 11 oz. right now. (Normal avg. is 8 oz) The doctor has put me on some medicine to stop the contractions, but he says that there is no indication of preterm labor. The meds are just a precaution to make sure a problem does not come up. 

Oh, we do have a name, and the credit goes to Channing for this one.... Hannah Grace Hodges. He did good didn't he? Emma can say it, and she does seem excited about her new baby sister. But, she always makes sure to tell me that she is a big girl, and this is a baby.

Channing and I are little nervous about the future with two teenage girls. But, I think there is a great age difference between them, and hopefully, the conflict with be minimal. Most of all though, we are just thrilled that she is healthy, and that there are no problems. We can't wait to get home and share the pictures with everyone. We have 3D pictures of her, which is something we didn't get for Emma. To me, she already looks like her sister! They have the exact same nose! And, I must say, it is a very cute nose! I would post the pictures on here if I knew how to scan them. Family, y'all are just gonna have to wait until we get home, but I promise you it will be worth it! 

Thank you to everyone who has been praying for us and for a good report. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted, and now I can focus all the good things and the preparations for our new addition. We are so excited, and so ready to get home and enjoy our break and the holidays. I'm not sure how often, if at all, that I get to post, so to everyone, Merry Christmas!, and Happy New Year! We hope you all have a wonderful holiday with all your families, and safe travels anywhere you may go!

No comments: