Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Update and a Book Review

I promised an update, so here you go. 

First, everything seems fine. I've gained weight, and I'm noticeably growing. The baby's heartbeat is strong and illusive, because this child is never still. We have a very, very active little one on our hands....

Second, the ultrasound has been moved up to Monday morning. There is a slight cause for concern and she wants to have things checked out before we head home. Here's the deal: I've been experiencing what seem to be contractions for about two weeks. They started out very slight and not painful at all. However, the last two days they have become painful and accompanied by constant back pain. I really haven't thought much of it because I had alot of back trouble with Emma when I started gaining weight, and I feel this baby move all the time. The doctor is referring me to someone else Monday for his opinion, but she said this most likely just a case of me doing too much. I have been instructed not pick up Emma and keep my activity level down. She said going home should be fine, especially since we're gonna to take two days to get there.  She said the trip home may be just what I need, as long as I take it easy and let other people help with Emma as much as possible. I told her I didn't think that would be a problem. 

So, don't worry. If she was really concerned, they would have admitted me today and forced an ultrasound. Just pray that everything is fine, and all we see Monday is a healthy baby. With that said, we should be home sometime Wednesday afternoon. 


Now, for the book you all must read. I'm sure you've seen the commercials for the movie Marley and Me. I've heard about this book off and on for a couple of years, but never got around to getting it. I got it yesterday, and just finished it. This book is wonderful! In case you don't know, it's the story of a young couple and their highly rambunctious, non obedient lab. Even if you aren't a dog lover, you should read this book. I have laughed and cried all at once. So much of it reminds me of my many years with a canine companion.  This is an easy, relaxing read, perfect for the holiday break. I always like to read books before the movie comes out. That way you know how the story is supposed to go, and not how Hollywood thinks it should go. I can't imagine the movie being any better than this, but I would like to see it, just to see what they did with it. If you read it, or have already read it, let me know!

One more quick thing... My friend Nikki and her husband Nate are in the Philippines right now on a vision trip for Mission To the World. She will be updating her blog while there, so check it out, and keep them in your prayers as well. This trip has been in the making for two years, and they feel that this is the place they are called to serve. 

Official countdown...6 days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice review!! I would also love to read such wonderful book.