Sunday, February 8, 2009

Birthdays and Babies

I know everyone has wanted pictures from Emma's birthday, and I still have every intention of posting them, but the computer hasn't liked me at all this week! All the pictures are on the desktop, but I'm having trouble getting them out of their files. I'm gonna have to get Channing on this ASAP. 

Emma's birthday party was great. She had a blast and so did her little friends. We had 3 little boys and their parents over for cupcakes and ice cream. They had a great time playing and eating. She was more interested in playing with them than opening her gifts. The Papa (my daddy) made the trip up here for the party too. We were all very happy to have him here, as always! Thank you to everyone who sent cards and gifts! She has had a wonderful time this week rereading all her cards and playing with all her new toys. Her surprise from us was a fish! Channing and I had discussed this and all we were gonna do was get a beta and a bowl. Low maintenance. So, the night before the party, Channing went to get the fish. He came back with a full size aquarium... and the beta. One fish, big tank....  But, it has turned out fine, and this fish, quickly named Nemo, has been hilarious to watch. Emma loves watching and feeding him,  and I even catch myself laughing at him. It was a very successful birthday.

Tuesday was our checkup with another doctor, and I've decided she's my favorite, and I'm gonna stick with her through the end. There's no guarantee that she'll be the one to do the delivery, but I will be hoping. Everything still looks fine, and I'm still gaining weight. I had my glucose test on Thursday, and I assume it was negative, because I didn't hear anything back from it. Dr. Crockett told me they would be taking me off the meds at 34 weeks (last week of March). She said the baby's lungs will be developed enough that should she be born after that, she'll be fine. Channing and I are planning to take a tour of the hospital withing the next week or so to become acquainted with this hospital. I don't want to show up and not know where to go.  I've gotten to the stage where I'm uncomfortable in one position for more than about 15 minutes. Sleep is a little better because our mattress topper finally came in. My feet and legs are starting to swell if I'm out very long, but that hasn't been too bad yet. I'm pretty good at knowing how far to push it. It finally hit us today how much we have to do to get ready, and we haven't even started. I really want to have everything done before they take me off the meds, so I have 7 weeks to get started and done. At this point with Emma, I already had everything done but clothes washed and hung up.  

Other than all that, it's been pretty quiet around here. It was really cold this past week, but we are looking forward to a heat wave this week! All the way up to the 50s! Most of the snow is melted, and has left a muddy mess! I'm gonna keep trying with the pictures, and hopefully I'll get it worked out in the next couple of days! We hope you all have a great, warm week!

No comments: