Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Cure for Homesickness...

GRANDPARENTS!!!!!


My grandparents, better known as Mawmaw and Pawpaw, came for a visit! They got here last Friday, and left early today. Let me tell you, it was exactly what I needed! I've really been in a funk for a while now, and the Mawmaw can always tell. So, on Wednesday afternoon, they called to say they would be heading my way on Thursday.  I sure hope their long drive was worth it, because it was exactly the pick me up I needed! We didn't make any big plans, or really do anything special. It was just enough to have them here. Emma was so thrilled to see them too. She managed to find a way to their room every night, and of course they wouldn't hear of anything different. She taught them her special way to play hide and seek, and I think they played at least two hours a day. Mawmaw and I cooked a Valentine's dinner for the four of us; then Channing and Pawpaw fried catfish on Sunday night. Sunday afternoon, Pawpaw helped me transplant my near dead herb garden into a nice pretty box. I just hope I can keep it going now that he's got me on the right track. 

It always puts me in a special mood to be able to see Emma with them. These two amazing people have been a major and constant force throughout my entire life. It's always been a prayer and a hope that my children would get to experience them the same way that I have. No matter how old I get, Mawmaw is still going to cut my cinnamon toast into little pieces, and Pawpaw is still going to try to peel my oranges. It was so awesome to see Emma get to be in that spot. She absolutely adores them, and of course they are just as crazy about her! Channing picks on me and tells me how spoiled I am from them, and that's ok, I know. I'll never take it for granted either. I know how lucky I am to have them both still here, and to have so a wonderful, close relationship with them.

So, to Mawmaw and Pawpaw:
Thank you for everything! We had a blast, and it was just the treat that we all needed! We can't wait to see you again, and hopefully there will be another of us for you to meet, and no more cold! We love you both!

Michelle, Channing, and Emma

No comments: