Monday, May 4, 2009

She's Here!

Yes, I know, I'm about a week late.....

But, it's been a busy week for us, so I'm sure you forgive me. 

First, her stats:
Hannah Grace Hodges was born on April 27, at 4:23 am. She weighed 8 lbs 6oz, and was 20.5 inches long. 

We are calling her Hannah Grace. We still weren't sure if we were going us the double name or not, but that's what keeps coming out when I talk to her or answer people when they ask her name. Emma tends to lean towards Hannah,  but that's her choice. I'm going to spare you of all details of the delivery, except to tell you it went well, with the exception of going way to fast and no epidural, only a spinal that didn't last very long.  Anyway... I'm fine now. A little traumatized that day, but fine now. 

The doctors let us go home on Tuesday, which I was very excited about. I didn't want to be in that hospital bed any longer, and Emma wasn't very fond of me being there either. Once we got home, she completely became the attentive big sister. She still hasn't held her yet, but she wants to do everything else. She's been really excited the whole time, especially now that both her Mimi and her Granny are here entertaining her every need. 

Speaking of the mothers... they have been a God send. I've done nothing but get to relax and enjoy Hannah Grace. They cook, clean, do laundry, and keep Miss Emma occupied at all times. I'm spoiled rotten, and I have no shame in admitting it! Right now, the three of them are out shopping with a massive grocery list and enough cooking ideas that should feed me for months. I'm trying to decide the best way to keep them from leaving. 

Here's a link to the Facebook photos Channing has posted. This is much easier for me, and you get a bigger variety to look at. Hope you enjoy!


1 comment:

Tucker Lipe said...

Congrats Michelle! I am so happy for you!