Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Blocked

I haven't had much to say lately. That's my only explanation for my absence. Honestly, I've been in kind of a funk lately. Being in a funk has led to my inability to write, or even really think clearly. It's actually pretty difficult to admit that. I might as well admit that this isolation has been a little more difficult than I had anticipated. However, I've had some bright spots in the last couple of days.

First, Hannah Grace looks amazing. Her eyes are clear and bright. The dark circles that have plagued her are almost gone. Her skin is clear and full of color. She added a little height and gained some weight. She looks healthy. She sounds healthy. She had the booster shot we were waiting on, and now we wait for February 24, the day we do the blood tests to see if the shot worked. I have every reason to believe that it will.

My Bible Study group started back this morning. Oh man have I missed those girls. I haven't really seen them since the first of December. Sitting and visiting and praying was exactly the lift my spirit needed. I really think the best medicine in the world is quality time with close friends. I hope they always know how thankful I am for them.

Lastly, my Mama is coming to spend the weekend with me. Sometimes a girl just needs her Mama. I hope my girls always need/want me this way. Being an adult and a parent has given a completely different perspective of my own parents, and a deep respect for them. I can't even begin to explain the depth of the relationships I have with each of them. I am continually thankful for their presence in my life, and I know that I am so very blessed to have the relationships that we do.

Hopefully getting back to some of my normal activities will get my mind going again. I'm starting a couple of new books, and so far I'm sticking to my Bible reading plan. I really like the one I picked out. My next goal is to get back to running. I need the weather to cooperate a little bit more before I take that on.

I see the light at the end of this tunnel. I am trying to be patient as we make our way towards it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you so, so much!