Sunday, October 19, 2008

I Know, I Know...

It's been a long time...

We've been home for a week now, and I have to admit, while we were home, I got used to not checking a computer for days at a time. I've let that new habit take over this week.

Our trip was wonderful! It was so good to see everyone and not feel rushed about getting home; but, three weeks is a long time to be away. It might not have been so long if Channing had been with us, so we'll test that theory out in December. We'll be there for three weeks, but this time we'll all be together. Emma is still not adjusted to the time change again, but she's getting there.
Channing doesn't have to travel anymore for a while, so that will her help her get back in a groove.

The next thing we have coming up is a trip to Louisville, KY for the N.A.I.L.E, aka the North American International Livestock Exposition. (I prefer NAILE) This is one of the largest livestock shows, rodeo, and trade shows in the world. I've been once before, when I was younger and had the opportunity to show there. It is still one of my favorite memories. The Who's Who of the livestock world will be there. I'm particularly excited about the opportunity to meet some of the top sheep breeders in the nation. Lucky for me, I have some really good connections. I'm very excited about Channing getting to see this. He's heard all our stories from our first trip, so now he'll get to see it with me, from a spectators perspective. We'll be doing this the second weekend in November. We'll be meeting up with Mama and Chad, and one of my favorite showman!

A little bit of a baby update...
We had our check up this past Wednesday. The doctor pushed my due date back to May 10. She said she had expected this because of the low hormone levels in the beginning. We heard a heartbeat for the first time. Emma was super excited about that. Overall, things look good. I've already gained a little bit of weight. That's always a plus with me!

One last thing before I go...
I've been trying to customize my blog with layouts from a different site. If you know me, you probably know this is beyond my cp skills. If anyone has any suggestions or tips, I would appreciate it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take lots of pic while in Louisville. We miss ya'll