Monday, November 17, 2008

Snow Day!

Look at what we woke up to this morning!



Sadly, it didn't last long. It was all melted by 9 am. But, the noon weather report said we would get some more.  The snow started back about 1 pm. I stood in the window for a long time, just watching. I took these next pictures over the span of about an hour. 






Here's what it looks like now, after it has quit. 




 Watching it was pretty amazing. I don't know that I've ever seen snow fall like that. I opened our sliding door to take the pictures. It was so quiet. No loud noise like rain or sleet. Complete silence.  For those of you wondering, no, we will not be playing in the snow today, or for a few days. Emma came back from Louisville with a really bad cold, and I'm not letting her out of the house for a while. I'll try to post pictures from the weekend later tonight, or in the morning. We had a blast. I just wanted to share our first snow with you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love snow...wish we were there!