Saturday, November 8, 2008

Six Things Continued...

4.  I would like to tell you more about my Emily. When I stated that we were nerds, I want to be sure you understand how true this statement is. Before either of us became social creatures with the outside worlds, our weekends consisted of one thing: private pajama parties. Private, only because I don't think there was anyone else we could have invited. They began every Friday immediately after school, and usually at my house because we were closer to town. Keep in mind, I was driving, so it's not like we were 10, I was at least 15. The first thing we did was  put on pjs. The next major event involved riding to town to find dinner. And no, one fast food place would not do. We went to Wendy's for burgers, Burger King for fries, and Sonic for drinks.  It's no wonder my mother was so worried about my social well being. We would end things at Blockbuster where we would pick two movies, and then head back to my house for an evening of food and tv. Here's a small fact that I believe redeems us slightly: We both showed 4-H animals. For us, that month of shows was the highlight of our year. When we were away from our schools, and around these people all gathered with similar purposes, we were quite the social butterflies. I lived for those three weeks every year. We were cool people there, but no one else in our everyday lives knew that. Again, I say my best times always involved sheep; and Emily.

5. I have colored my hair once in my life: last night. And this morning there was an emergency trip to a salon to get it fixed. I'll never do it again, ever. I must say though, the end result is not half bad...

6. I most likely would not have even given the post a second thought if it hadn't come from Nikki. But because I know her, she would have bothered me until I did it, or at least acknowledged it. So, Nikki, this is for you. We miss you, and don't tag me again for another year! See you at Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

please don't ever mess with your hair...it's too pretty!