Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our Holiday Weekend

We had a great, long, Thanksgiving weekend! I hope you did too!  Channing had Wednesday off, so it was nice to spend the day together, just the three of us. Daddy and C.J. got here early that evening, and the fun began.  This was the first time they got to be here longer than one day.  Channing cooked dinner that night, because I was tired of cooking after prepping all the stuff for Thursday. Emma was so excited to have visitors that she never got quiet or still until we sent her to bed. 

We got up Thursday to get ready for dinner that afternoon. Earlier in the week we had decided to have dinner with one of the families of a guy Channing works with. They had no company, and had decided not to travel for this holiday either. Daddy and I did most of the cooking, and took everything over there. Their kitchen could easily swallow mine. We had a really good time, and the food was great. Daddy was highly impressed with my greatly improved cooking skills. I didn't mess up one single thing!  I was kinda proud of me too! Daddy did the turkeys. He fried two of them, and they were amazing. It's my favorite way to have a turkey, and the other family also seemed to enjoy it. 

Friday was spent mostly laying around the house. We did get out and all go to the Columbus Zoo Friday to see their Wildlights exhibit. I think every other family in Ohio was there too. I really enjoyed it. I think it was a little overwhelming for Emma, and difficult because of the crowds, but it was totally worth it to see her on the carousel again. We have a ton of pictures, but I haven't gone through them yet. It was pretty cold. but Emma and I were very bundled up. The boys didn't think they were gonna need the extra layers. I'm glad I had mine on.

Yesterday was a lazy day. The guys cooked again last night from the care package the Ray's sent us. It was a very large cooler full of all kinds of good stuff. Things we could never get here. I literally jumped up and down when we opened it.  Daddy and C.J. left early this morning.  We already miss them. But, now I've started my countdown... 19 days until we get to come home!  We can't wait!

No comments: