Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Busy, Busy Week!

It seems like we've been going nonstop this week. Usually I try to limit my days out to two or three, but this week we've been out everyday, and still not done! Monday was grocery day, which is always an adventure with Emma. I usually don't go until Tuesday, but the promise of bad weather for Tuesday sent me out early. *** I have to give a great big shout out and "Thank You!" to Ms. Lydia here, because her recipe for a beef brisket made Monday night's dinner one of the best I've ever accomplished! Channing very willing finished off the leftovers last night, and let me tell you I thought that was an impossible task!*** 

Tuesday was my 31/32 week checkup! Everything is wonderful, and I gained several pounds in the last two weeks. I know I'm supposed to be gaining weight, and I am pleased about it, but I'm always shocked when it's more than I thought. I really do believe Miss Hannah will be bigger than her sister was.

Today was Emma's 3 year checkup. I didn't mean to wait this long to do it, but we just got sidetracked with illnesses and baby issues after her birthday that I sorta forgot. Emma is of course, growing at a rapid pace. She's 35 lbs, and 40.25 inches tall. But, I do believe this was the worst Dr. visit to date. I have never in my life seen or heard a fit like the one she threw in that exam room today. And, there were no shots involved. It was awful. I was in tears before it was over. I'll never take her to the Dr. by myself again! She has no problem with going to my doctor. She even enjoys it most of the time. But the minute they come near her, you'd think someone was being murdered. It really was that bad. 

Tomorrow is our Bible Study day, which we always look forward to every week. Emma gets to go with me because they have a group for the children as well. She loves it as much as I do! 

This weekend, we will have company! I'm so very excited! The Rays, as I call them, and Landon, are coming to visit for several days during Landon's spring break. They haven't been here yet, so we are really really looking forward to having them here. Emma will be thrilled when I tell her, but I'm not saying anything until they pull up in the driveway. 

***One more very important thing to note about this week... Tomorrow is our nephew William's first birthday! It's killing us that we are missing it, but we are so excited for him, and Justin and Sally! So, Happy Birthday sweet boy! We love you very very much, and miss you terribly! 

No comments: