Monday, March 9, 2009

The Girls' Rooms

Here are the pictures of the girls' rooms, finally...  I waited to put these up because Emma's new stuff came in quicker than I had anticipated.  Here's a rundown of what we've done:

The daybed in the nursery was Emma's bed. We decided that we definitely needed a bed in that room because when Hannah gets here, we know we'll have a steady stream of company. Because of that, I had to rethink my crib bedding. What I had leftover from Emma was a mix of bright greens, pinks, and purples. The greens from the two beds did not match up. So, I decided to go simple. We were given the white bumper for the crib at Christmas, so I decided the best thing to do was keep the basics white, and then keep it girly with simple, but different sheets. There is a pale pink detail in the sheets, blankets, and changing pad. It matches the pink in the daybed comforter. The name and the curtains will pull it all together. It really has turned out better than I expected it too. Even Channing thought that it came together better than what we saw in our minds. It's a very, very, girly room, but that's what I wanted this time. With Emma, I shied away from frilly, overly girly things; but this time, that's all I've wanted to do in there. Knowing that I'll have two little girls, who hopefully will share a room one day, has really changed the decor I gravitate towards.  The nursery is the only room in the house, besides the living room, that will be completely decorated. 

As for Emma's room, she needed a whole new setup. The bed in her room was my bed as teenager up until I moved to Jackson after we were married. It has been down in the basement since we got here. My brother loves sleeping down there because it's cooler and quiet. He'll have to join the rest of us upstairs from now on. My mama and I went on an Internet mission to find the new bedding for Emma's room. She wanted us to make a big deal out of Emma's room too. I agree with that, even though we redid her room last year, because she has been so involved with getting ready for Hannah. She's been so excited about all of the new things we were doing, and I really didn't want her to feel left out. So, what you see in the bottom photos are Emma's new bed. It's very girly too, but I feel like it will grow with her for several years. It's got fun polka dot details, and the sheets have tiny, hot pink flowers.  Emma loves it all. It's so easy to get her excited about something new. I just hope she stays this excited when Hannah gets here.











No comments: