Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Getting Ready for Baby

So I know I've been slacking this week, but after the events of last week, I'd say things around here have been pretty uneventful. For me, that's a good thing. The biggest thing going on this week is that we finally have the nursery together! I'm so excited, and so proud of the way it's turned out! Channing, Emma, and myself, have been shopping in Columbus for the past two weekends getting the things we needed, and this week, I've slowly but surely put things where I wanted. Channing has been the biggest help. He hasn't complained once about anything I've asked him to do, and he gives me his honest opinions about things when I ask. All we have left to do is put together the glider and hang a few things on the wall. I'll take pictures tomorrow and show you what we have going on in there.  

Emma has been involved in every step of this process so far. I'm really glad it turned out this way, because I know now that she really does understand what's going on around her. She's been to every doctors visit, and been on every shopping trip we've made. She has really enjoyed getting the room ready this week. She tells me every day, "Mommy, I'm ready for Hannah to be here. I want to see her." This makes me so excited! I know it will still be a shock when we bring her home, but she's already learning that she won't be the only one around anymore. We've made sure that she knows she's as much a part of this as we are, and  that she will be included no matter what. I can't wait to see the way she is with Hannah and how involved she gets. She talks about bottles and diapers and Hannah's bed all the time now. She knows that those are baby things for Hannah, and that she is a big girl who will get to help with all of it. 

As for me, I can say with great certainty that I am much calmer this week than I was last week. You all know my slight tendency to panic and over think things.  Let's just say the over thinking was in overdrive last week. Channing has really been the biggest help and support throughout all of this. His done everything possible to help me talk through and process what's been going on. He's done whatever he could to help me around here, whether it be putting up stuff in the nursery, or cooking dinner so I don't have to. There's no way I would have made it through this pregnancy without being able to lean on him. I feel like I'm finally ready for her to be here, and I can't to begin getting to know her. I feel like I really missed alot when Emma was a baby because I was always looking to the next step that we would reach. I was so worried about doing everything just right and at the right time, that I didn't really take time to enjoy those months of having a tiny baby. I'm so ready for that time again. Now that I know what to expect, and having been through it once before, I'm just ready for her to be here and really enjoy the small moments with her. 

No comments: