Thursday, January 22, 2009

Since I've Been Gone

So I know I left the last post ended with a promise with another soon to follow.... Sorry about that...

For what it's worth, I did take the snow pictures. We ended up with a foot before it quit. It finally got to the point that you really couldn't tell how much there was because everything blended together. Anyway, I did take them, and they were pretty good; then I accidentally deleted them. So typical, I know. I went through the next couple of days intending to take more pictures, but I didn't. I feel like this isn't the end of the snow, so I'll try to make up for it. 

Last Saturday, Channing and I got to out for our first date night since our anniversary. We had a great time. We ate dinner at a very nice seafood restaurant in Columbus, then we went to a rodeo in downtown Columbus. Apparently, this wasn't just any rodeo... This was reality rodeo. Yes, read it again... reality rodeo...  I had no idea there was such a thing.  It is a new series that will be airing on Spike TV called World's Toughest Cowboy.  Now, I do not claim to be an expert on rodeos. I have seen plenty throughout the span of my life, so I do know what's going on and what a good ride should look like. But I must tell you... These guys were not that impressive. It's 12 cowboys who compete in three different events: Saddle bronc riding, bare back bronc riding, and bull riding. The horses were terrible. All the guys rode them. The only good ride we saw was the one guy who got thrown back into the gate and broke his foot and ankle the first go round. He went on to ride for the next two rounds, and won the competition for the night.  I think he was the only who actually rode a bull. Our favorite part of the whole night was the monkey who rides the border collie and herds the sheep. That monkey is 22 years old now. The next best part was at the very end when they had mutton-busting. That's sheep riding for those who don't know. We were crying we laughed so hard at those little kids.  We really did have a great time though. It was just so nice to get out and spend a few hours together just the two of us. 

On Sunday, Miss Emma came down with the stomach bug. A decent trip to the ER for some good meds and she was great. The worst part apart about was trying to explain to her why shouldn't she couldn't eat.  By Tuesday, Channing had it, and last night, I got it, on top of a sinus infection already making a problem. Needless to say, it's been a rough week.  Emma and I are much better, Channing however is not. He will be seeing a doctor in the morning.  In other news, the baby checkup last week went well. I totally forgot to update everyone on it. You will all be happy to know that everyone took very good care of me while I was at home. I gained alot of weight, which my doctor was thrilled about it.  The contractions are still there, but not as bad with the medication. She did tell me that they plan on taking me off the meds at week 35, which will be the first week of April. She said after that, the baby will be fine if born a few weeks early. April all of a sudden seems very, very close. I have alot to do to get ready for this new baby. 

Something to think about: Emma will be three next Saturday! I have no idea where three years went...

No comments: