Saturday, January 10, 2009

We're Back!

So we're back, and honestly, we kinda wish we weren't. We got home yesterday afternoon, and were welcomed by about 4 inches of snow with it still coming down. The projected highs for Thursday and Friday are somewhere around 11 degrees with a low of 0. Fun stuff.  I'm just absolutely thrilled. Anyway, it is good to be back in our place. It was great to unpack all the bags and put things up for the first time in over three weeks. Emma seems glad to be back too. She has fallen back into her sleep schedule, but we are going to have a time getting her accustomed to doing what we want her to do again. Three weeks with grandparents spoiled her just a little....

The trip itself, was wonderful. It was so great to be home and relax. We did a lot of bouncing around between families, but I honestly didn't mind. I told more than one person that I relaxed more the entire time I was home than I have since I moved here. We ate so much amazing food, that my scale today is hitting a number I didn't expect to see quite yet. I bet my doctor will be thrilled when she sees me on Tuesday.  Channing and I didn't do any of the eating out when had planned on because everyone made sure that they had all our favorite meals every time we sat down at the table. I think we were really spoiled too. 

Even Hannah Grace had a party while we were there. Channing's family surprised with sweet little girl gifts and a beautiful cake. Santa himself came to see the rest of the kids at the end of the night. It was a great night all around. 

The time went by much too quickly. Neither of us was ready to leave, but we were ready to unpack. We took way too much stuff with us, and came back with about three times what we took. We had to rent a U-Haul to come home. I am definitely not kidding.  The food wasn't the only thing they spoiled us with.  

I'll post later about the books I read while gone, and the enlightenment we had about Miss Emma's understanding of complex concepts. Here's a clue to both: Twilight and Revenge....
All I'll say now is that I bought into the madness, and my child is far more advanced than we thought.....  Some of the family is already familiar with the latter issue, so for the rest of you, stay tuned; it's worth the wait!

No comments: